Friday, June 7, 2013

Friday: June 7, 2013: RESPECT

Hi Readers,
Sorry to have been gone for so long. So much is happening and I have not been able to write. I am back and want to share something with you. I am fascinated by the way people treat each other in everyday life. Have you noticed that a certain level of respect for each other is MISSING!!!! How do we get it back? I am perplexed by the decline of everyday communications. Here is an example of a conversation overheard in an office:

Administrative Assistant to IT person as he/she was walking past: Excuse me, I have a stupid question. Can you help me?
IT person: There are no stupid questions, just stupid people that ask them.

Really! Is this an appropriate response to someone who is asking for help? I know the usual response to that question is: There are no stupid questions. Why on earth would the IT person not give the cliche answer or just respond: What can I help you with? The cliche answer puts people at ease. The answer given puts people down. It is insulting. In the workplace we do not expect to be insulted by our coworkers. Is this a sign of the times?

I am having a real problem with this. Please let me know what you think. Also, please share  experiences you have had with the lack of respect that seems to be prevalent in our day to day life.

Thank you for reading! Please visit the following site and help support a worthy animal rescue organization. There are many ways you can help support them with NO COST to you!!!!!!!!!


Let us all return to the GOLDEN RULE:
Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.

No comments:

Post a Comment